Monday, April 5, 2010

Last Day of Work

Finished my last day of work today. They have decided that they probably won't need another story producer in four- six weeks, after I have recovered from surgery, so this is it. Dim Sum with the bosses on Wednesday, another contract done.

I can't speak for anyone else, but every time I come to the end of a contract, I feel like I'm starting from the beginning again. Each deal memo completed is another chance to jump off this crazy train and go back to school for nursing, or art history, or to get a joe job washing dishes and just concentrate on writing. Although if you have to washes dishes ten hours a day, I doubt anyone could concentrate on much. So here I am again. It's spring, I'm unemployed, and I have this vague feeling that things could be different.

But for now, I'm giving myself a break. I don't feel like stressing about what I'm going to do. I've been told by doctors not to. And, for me, a surgeon's warning is what it takes to keep myself from finding something to worry about, honing in on it and setting the cloud of bees in my head to attack it. So for now, my mind is just going to be here now and not somewhere in the hazy future where I'm unemployed and presiding over a slipshod wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment